3/12/2014

March 4th - Let's Count it Out Jesse Bear

Ok, I am really, really bad at taking pictures while the kids are at my house. So, I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures.
We had a lot of fun this week. It is so fun to have the kids at my house. They are such good kids and each of them is so unique. This week we read "Let's Count it Out Jesse Bear." The kids had a lot of fun with it. You can tell that they are getting older and maturing in their abilities. We started out the day with play during which, they played house. The baby was sick and all of them were making different food items and bringing them to the baby to make it better. It was pretty cute. Writers workshop is always fun for me. I love to hear their stories and what is important to them in their lives. Music time is one of my favorites. It's so fun to hear them all sing and do the actions along with the songs. Sometimes they go a little crazy, but I still love it. We read the book, and they all enjoyed it. We had fun counting on our fingers and talking about numbers. For our activity, we played eenie-meenie-mynie-moe. I thought it would be fun to practice the opposite of what the book talks about and take one away each time.
I think the weather was watching out for us this week. Each day it stopped raining in the morning, just in time for us to go outside and play. The kids have fun playing tag, superheroes, or kicking the ball. After snack time, we had math time. We used different food items and glued them into different squares that had specific numbers in them. The kids had a lot of fun doing it.


We didn't have enough time to do the craft and centers, so I asked the kids what they wanted to do and they wanted to do centers, so that's what we did. 




Phonics lesson was great. We searched for a treasure box with an "X" on the top. The kids loved looking at the map and searching all over the house for the treasure box. It was a fun day with the Busy Bees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment