9/23/2012

Goodnight Moon

My first time teaching the little Busy Bees was so much fun! All these kids are darling and such good kiddos. All of you who have figured out the schedule and material the last couple years have done a wonderful job. Thank you! I've thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the group this year.

This past week we learned and read all about Goodnight Moon (one of my favorites). The first day we colored pictures and painted moons for our Lapbooks.


Is Stewart drawing with both hands?? Hilarious.








On Tuesday the garbage truck came which was very exciting... the kids got two honks from the driver.

Ava was calling her "people" while the action was going on.


For snack the first day we had a Bowl of Mush (applesauce). Poor Trevor and Luke did NOT want to eat a bowl of mush for our snack. It was probably because I was going overboard calling it MUSH. Look at this face... April how do you ever say "no" to him?
 

The kids were hilarious on the couch pretending like they were sleeping after we read Goodnight Moon. This was impromptu on their part. They all loved the page that reads, Goodnight "Nobody"... they got a kick out of that.


Then we walked around the house to see if we could find a room with a "red balloon". Yay! We found a room with red balloons for everyone.


One activity on the second day was to put our little pictures we had drawn in the right sequence as we read Goodnight Moon. I was not anticipating that it would get so crazy with all six kids spreading out their picture cards all over the floor at one time. It took a little bit of work keeping things in order but the kids were total troopers. Ava did the best job. I kept thinking she wasn't in to it because I'd see her doing little gymnastics moves but when I would ask her about her cards she would show me she had them in PERFECT order... with time leftover to dance.

Margaret and Luke were so cute sharing books with each other during reading time.

So I had to post this because I was thrilled someone was appreciating the little doll house I bought for Adelle a couple years ago. I spent A LOT of time finding the "perfect" doll house and Adelle has never been in to it as much as I was hoping. Thanks Margaret!

Playing outside was of course a favorite for the kids. I dont' know why but I got the biggest kick out of Luke. He pushed a little grocery cart around collecting items and he was so particular about keeping all the items from falling out. He was like a little bag lady.


I had a fun week with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment