2/10/2014

This week we read A Color of His Own.  We are all pretty in awe of chameleons and their changing color abilities. :)

Here are a few activities we did this week.  Some were a hit, others were flops.  You live in learn when teaching pre-school!

We spent some time talking about camouflaging this week.  I traced and cut out a chameleon on wax paper and we took a stroll around the house camouflaging on different colors....









I also made up these little construction books that got a little trickier with each page.  The Busy Bees really seemed to enjoy these. 







Bubble painting!  The actual art of the bubble painting was a FLOP but the process was a lot of fun!  I think I may have made the bubble solution too bubbly.  





We practiced the letter S this week.  Do you like my Super S Sweater?  Picture is compliments of Stewart.


 Each Busy Bee was able to decide on what color they would be if they were a chameleon. Luke wanted be tiger colored.  Others were yellow and purple to be on lemons and blueberries....they got pretty creative!


We tried raised salt painting to try our hand at another color activity.  I didn't send this one home with the kiddos but took pictures of their art instead.  You are thanking me right? :)  We all really enjoyed watching the paint spread through the salt when we put water on it.  Next time I will use water color paper instead.  The water was not made for construction paper.





Margaret's

Luke's

Ava's

Trevor's

Logan's

Tyson's

All in all, we had a great week learning all about COLORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment