2/01/2013

The Snowy Day





This is the first time I have read the book and thought it was great. For the Activity we talked about what clothes we need to wear during the winter and the summer.  We then tried some winter clothes on. For the most part the kids did great. Stewart was unsure why he could not put the shorts 
in the winter time section.


I thought I had a great idea for snack- snow cones and powdered doughs and apples. I think I froze the kids with the snow cones but they did seem to like them. I decided to change the snack on Thursday.




For the craft we made snowman. The kids had fun putting the snowman together!!






On Thursday I had the crazy idea to play with shaving cream. The kids had a lot of fun but it was very messy! We tried to make different tracks in the shaving cream like Peter did from the book. I should have stuck to my original plan and gone to Tahoe.








Then for our craft we made a scene from the book. Peter walking down the street covered in snow. The kids loved putting snow/cotton balls on their projects.




 We worked on tracing the letter S for Snow and the kids did great with the tracing. 
We had a great week and  had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment