11/13/2011

The Runaway Pumpkin


The kids had a terrific time with The Runaway Pumpkin.  We took a walk on Tuesday and rolled pumpkins down the hill.  We used this as a math lesson as well - counted the number of times it rolled over. 
 
On Thursday, we all dressed up and went trick or treating.  Ryder at first had a Captain America costume on, but changed his mind and decided he didn't want a costume.  Instead he pretended he was a zombie.  I wish you could have seen it- he walked just like a zombie.  He was so cute. 
 
The second math lesson was also tied into the book as we made pumpkin muffins.  We talked about fractions in cooking.  I think it was a bit over their heads, however, Bronwen and Noah were especially interested. 
 
The kids were pretty good.  At one point, they were all being too noisy, as I was trying to do the journal writing.  I used my stern voice and told them to be quiet.  Little Ryder looked up at me and said, "My mom is nice to me."  He cracks me up.                                                                                            ------Christine 
Crafts and projects from The Runaway Pumpkin week.

No comments:

Post a Comment